Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hellacious

Gail: Oh that Michelle could drive like Jason Bourne--then she'd be perfect. The Bourne Ultimatum, the last in the Bourne trilogy, was a thrilling ride that kept Michelle and me on the edge of our dollar theatre seats for the entire two hours.

Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) is James Bond (notice the initials) sans the sex, language and tacky special effects. Grossing 220 million, the movie commanded an intelligent mix of CIA operative chases, politics and ethical decisions.

Michelle:This flick’s got the three components of a bona fide crowd pleaser – a doomsday CIA scheme, a few over-the-top car stunts and Matt Damon.

I hadn’t seen parts one and two of the Bourne series. But there’s so much karate, gun battling and shaky camera movement in this latest installment that I’m convinced I could speak a Slavic language and still comprehend the entirety of the plot.

Bourne Ultimatum is dazzling, mesmerizing, and graciously free of arbitrary sexual tension. For $2, you don’t get much better than this.

1 comment:

avx17 said...

At least you know someone who is willing to drive like Jason Bourne.