Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boba with Mood Lighting, Please.



In any other city, "multicultural rampage" would do fairly well in describing our weekend, but in L.A, the center of multicultural-ness, our rampage wasn't as crazy as we'd like to think it is.


So we tried the Greek gyros and baklava, but I've never heard of famous Greek tea--we left that to another ethnicity--Asian! I know this involves quite a few countries, but I'm pretty sure they all make good tea, so excuse me for lumping them all together.


Twenty minutes down Beach Blvd., past the Buddhist temple, there is an artsy tea and boba cafe where James Browning, Marcelo Crivella and Michelle and I retreated to study.

I refer to this cafe with a vauge name like, "Asian Tea Bar" because I'm not sure what kind of Asian it is and I can't read the language of the sign. I just know that everyone in there is Asian and they serve really, really good tea. Hence--Asian Tea Bar.


Marcelo and I whipped out our psychology books while Michelle started plowing through editing and design reading. I'm not sure what James was doing, but he probably didn't get as much of it done once they started projecting the movie "300" on the wall above our table.
Ironically, it seemed like the longer we stayed, the more romantic the lighting got. Every half hour, the lights would go down a little more, making the table candles more obvious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "300" isn't very romantic.



Still, I sipped my strawberry-pineapple boba and got through a good 25 pages of psych with my little votive candle before we headed back home.

If you're looking for a place to get reading done, I recommend the Asian Tea Bar. The hours are long, the menus are in English, and you can pretty much mix whatever drink you want. I've never had a bad drink from this place, but I'll let you know if I do because I'm going back soon.

Opa!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Don't forget the amazing French music to complement the mood lighting!