Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Health and Fitness Column


It's been a great semester with the Chimes -- especially the chance to write my very own health and fitness column, since I'm such an expert in the field anyway.

Gail, who typically assists me in choosing a subject for health and fitness, was throwing around some ideas for my final column EVER (since I'll be going to Costa Rica next semester). Here were our top 8 ideas.

1. Ingrown toenails: how to cure the problem with just a switchblade and scalpel

2. Warts: treatments involving duct tape (Gail has firsthand experience here)

3. Halitosis: alternative breathing techniques to use after garlic fries

4. Mono: how to save your relationship when you've got the kissing disease

5. Athlete's foot: how to put the fun back in fungus

6. Psoriasis: learn to embrace your chronic skin disorder by going sleeveless

7. "Bacne" (back+acne): hints for bacne-friendly swimwear

8. Lice: advanced dorm fumigation techniques

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could combine them. For instance,combine the scalpel and ingrown grossness and the wart. I had a planter's wart one time and the dr. just gave me a scalpel and told me to dig it out everyday until I got it all. As far as athlete's foot goes, everybody knows that you cure that by peeing in the shower. They even sell a lot of cremes with chemically synthetic urea in them.